Frimley Health’s endoscopy units care for adults, both inpatients and outpatients, who are undergoing investigative and therapeutic procedures via an endoscope which looks inside the body.
Frimley Park Hospital has a newly refurbished endoscopy unit, built with patient safety and comfort in mind. There are five endoscopy rooms equipped to the highest standards and we pride ourselves on providing an informative and friendly service.
Patients are usually referred for an outpatient appointment first. However, we also operate an open access service for gastroscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy, so your GP may refer you purely for one of these tests. If it is obvious from your GP's letter that you need an endoscopy test, we may arrange to do this first, before you are seen in the outpatient department.
The procedures that we provide are listed below:
- Gastroscopy (to examine your oesophagus and stomach)
- Sigmoidoscopy (to examine the lower part of your colon)
- Colonoscopy (to examine your entire large intestine (colon)
- PEG (for tube feeding through the stomach)
- PEJ (for tube feeding through the small bowel)
- ERCP (an examination to check your bile ducts and for gallstones)
- HALO (Radiofrequency Ablation of the Oesophagus)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Small bowel enteroscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Urea breath test
- pH test
- Ano-rectal physiology
Please refer to our gastroenterology service for further information.
Please see our FAQs for further information about bowel preparation, medications, sedation and other useful information.
In addition to the gastroenterological endoscopies mentioned above, Frimley’s endoscopy unit can also offer:
- Bronchoscopy (to examine your lungs and airways). Please also refer to our thoracic medicine service
- Cystoscopy (to examine your bladder). Please also refer to our urology service
The unit is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, but we also provide a 24-hour emergency service. It is located on the first floor on the Green corridor
Frimley Park endoscopy reception: 01276 604858.
Frimley Park endoscopy manager: 01276 526047
At Wexham Park, endoscopies are carried out in the Lady Sobell Gastrointestinal Unit, (see gastroenterology) or in theatre for other endoscopies.
Wexham Park Lady Sobell GI Unit: 01753 634150
At Heatherwood Hospital, a modern, purpose-built endoscopy unit opened in 2015, offering diagnostic procedures for patients with a wide range of gastroenterological conditions.
Heatherwood endoscopy unit: 01344 877801