Our innovative urology department covers the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the bladder, kidney, ureters, prostate and male reproductive organs.
The department has state-of-the-art equipment including stone light and green light laser, blue light cystoscopy and TURis (trans-urethral plasma vaporisation of the prostate).
Both Frimley Park and Wexham Park have in-patient wards, while there are short stay beds at Heatherwood Hospital. Care for cancer patients is based at Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, and some major cancer surgery is also carried out in Reading.
There are also clinical sessions held at Frimley Park, Wexham Park, Heatherwood in Ascot, King Edward VII in Windsor, and St Mark’s in Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest and Chalfont.
All of our consultant urologists offer subspecialist interests, with particular expertise in the following areas:
- Andrology (specialist care for men's health issues such as erectile dysfunction and fertility issues)
- BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia – a benign increase in the size of the prostate)
- Chronic urological pain
- Da Vinci prostatectomy
- Genito urinary prolapse
- High intensity focused ultrasound (visually directed) for prostate cancer
- Hypospadias, an abnormal opening of the male urethra
- Laparoscopic (minimally invasive, or keyhole, surgery) and robotic renal (kidney) surgery
- Large renal cancer and partial nephrectomy
- Laser and flexible ureteroscopy
- Laser surgery and men’s health
- Paediatric urology
- Pelvic lymph node dissection
- Prostate cancer
- Prostatitis (inflammation of prostate gland) and pelvic pain
- Pyeloplasty (renal pelvic surgery to drain and decompress the kidney)
- Radical prostatectomy
- Stone surgery
- Transobturator tapes to support the urethra for stress incontinence
- Upper urinary tract stone disease
- Urogynaecology, including the management of urinary incontinence and pelvic floor problems
How to contact us
Wexham Park Hospital - ward 7 01753 633808
Frimley Park Hospital via switchboard on 01276 604604